For a pdf download click here:
(What’s your favorite story? Share what you love about it.)
- When reading the Bible have you ever thought: “This isn’t a good story?”
Think of your life as a story that God is telling.
- What do you like about the story?
- What do you not like about the story? Why?
Ephesians 2:10 says, “For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.” We are a work in progress…
- What good works do you think God has created you for?
- How might he be using the circumstances in your life, even the ones you don’t like, to prepare you for the good works he has for you?
- What is the purpose of Christ’s death, resurrection, and ascension (Eph. 2:7, 13-21)?
- What person or group of people are you most tempted to judge or erect a dividing wall of hostility towards?
- Are you ever tempted to judge the way God is writing his story in their life/lives?
Discuss some ways you might hope for that person or group of people rather than judging them.
*These questions were created by Kimberly Weynen, Peter Hiett’s assistant.