For a pdf download click here:
(Describe a time when you felt blessed. Who did you feel blessed by? What did they do or say that blessed you?)
- When you think of someone who is blessed, what do you picture?
- In your mind, what defines whether someone is blessed or not?
- Do you feel like you need to do something or be someone before God will or can bless you?
- Do you ever struggle to enjoy the gifts and blessings you’ve been given?
If yes, what do you think hinders you from enjoying what you have?
“Maybe I’m surrounded by Love, upheld by Love—a Kingdom of Love, and yet I don’t have a capacity for Love because I take Love, and use Love, and think I’ve earned Love, and therefore own Love, and so cannot perceive Love.” –Peter Hiett
- Can you think of any ways you have tried to earn God’s love rather than receiving it as a gift of grace?
- When you’ve truly enjoyed what you’ve been given in life, what has enabled you to enjoy it?
Ephesians 1:3-4 “The Father has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him.”
- Take a look at the bolded sections; what tense are they in?
- What has the Father already done?
- When did it happen?
- Is the blessing conditional?
- What does that reveal about your heavenly Father?
- What does that reveal about you?
*These questions were created by Kimberly Weynen, Peter Hiett’s assistant.