For a pdf download click here:
(Share one of your most embarrassing moments.) OR
(Share your favorite memory about your dad or mom or parent figure in your life.)
Scripture reveals that God our Father is the one who names all of us: “…I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named….” —Ephesians 3:14
- Do you think the enemy has tried to define you in any way? Does a name or an incident or incidences come to mind?
During the sermon, Peter said, “Whether you judge it bad…or whether you judge it good…you are not what you do, and you are more than you know.”
- In what ways do you experience judgment in this world—by yourself and/or others?
- Is it hard to believe that what you do doesn’t define you—only your Heavenly Father does?In the sermon, Peter expressed the idea that our judgments aren’t as powerful as God’s Judgment. Why is this important?
- What lies about yourself do you think the principalities and powers of this world have told you about who you are? (Write some down.)
God is naming you and He wants to remove the lies and replace them with truth.
- From what you know of God and Scripture, can you think of what truths God might want to replace those lies with? (Write them down.)
*These questions were created by Kimberly Weynen, Peter Hiett’s assistant.